Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Mojito Mint... ... ... ...


I can't tell you how many times the following conversation has occurred betwixt me and a friend:

Version #1.
Me: Hey friend, do you have any gum?
Friend: Yes, but I warn you it's the grossest gum in the world.
Me: Hmm, what kind is it?
Friend: Orbit Mojito mint.
Me: Oh yeah, I've had that, it's gross. Why'd you get it?
Friend: I made a mistake, I thought it was spearmint.

Version #2.
Friend: Hey Char, have you heard of this mojito mint gum?
Me: Yeah, it's gross. People are always trying to get rid of it.
Friend: Oh... yeah.
Me: Were you gonna try to get rid of it by offering it to me?
Friend: Yep.

What IS it with this gum? The marketing squad really did a great job of making it look almost exactly like the most popular flavor, since I feel like 99% of my gum-buying friends have made this error. And if it weren't for these accidental purchases, I swear they would never sell any of it, since it's probably one of the grossest tastes ever. Which, I mean, is not surprising. Who wants booze flavored gum?

I've never made this error myself since I'm loyal to Dentyne, not Orbit.   :+)

1 Comments:

Blogger Lindsey P said...

I am happy to report that I just finished the last piece from the second of my "I am being thrifty but really just dumb" three-pack of Orbit Mojito Mint. One more pack to go!

2:27 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home