Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Customer Service



Companies on my sh*t list:

Best Buy – Fiasco involving return of speakers (complaint letter written)
NYU Dental – almost killed me with radiation from X-Rays and also shouted at me until I cried, creating a stark contrast to the dentist detailed below (threatening complaint letter written)
Time Warner – I can’t think about them without having a panic attack, so I won’t detail their nefarious and appalling influence in my life (too upset to write complaint letter)
Duane Reade – company policy was to not give out candy to children on Halloween. What!? They are the primary NYC candy SOURCE!
Office Depot – only would bring desk I ordered to be delivered up 3 of the 4 necessary flights, telling Sarah C. that she herself had to lug it up the last flight as they “don’t go above floor 3.” (complaint letter written)
Key Foods & Food Emporium – both are shockingly gross and overpriced.
Zara – after I tried on 12 items, they told me I could “only try on one more.” Despite the annoyingness of large amounts of fitting room items, surely they realize that if you work full time you can’t go out shopping every five seconds and must make the most of it. And what do they care if I try on lots n lots?
CompUSA – told me rudely that they couldn’t fix my computer, which used to burst into random cacophonous noise, unless it burst into the noise in the store. When I told him the computer wouldn’t do it on call, they called me crazy and implied that the computer didn’t do it at all. My freshman year suitemates will attest the contrary.


Companies I heart:

Whole Foods – generally amazing. The stacks of produce induce tears of joy.
Filene’s Basement – who knew one could get a whole plate set for $13?!
The newsstand in my office building – they sell everything and ONLY things one needs. I have procured food, drinks, Alka Seltzer and stockings there, all sold to me by the Asian-by-appearance, Russian-and-English-by-language employee.
Fresh Direct – words can’t express the adulation I feel towards this ingenious and innovative company which has revolutionized my eating habits
M.A.C. – SoHo store has employees who do not make me feel ugly and do not scoff at my lower price-range purchases. They sell excellent products which have revolutionized my appearance.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with your assessment of Fresh Direct. And I feel strangely responsible for your CompUSA disaster, in much the same way that I feel responsible for your broken foot from years past. This was regarding the notorious virus that my away message so kindly turned you onto, no?

4:13 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home